- About us
The history of machine engineering in Semily dates back to 1945. This tradition was continued from 1958 by the state-owned company Technometra.
A restructuring process in 1994 resulted in the establishment of the joint-stock company AXL, akciová společnost, which benefited from long-term experience in the development, design and manufacture of automotive and aircraft equipment and hydraulic devices.
The modern history of the company started in autumn 2010, when CHARVÁT Group s.r.o. acquired a majority share in AXL, akciová společnost.
On 7 June 2012, the company was renamed CHARVÁT AXL, a.s. and joined the CHARVÁT Group. As a result of this change the company´s business activities intensified.
The CHARVÁT Group gradually developed into a significant manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders and assemblies, with the capacity to offer a complete hydraulic range.
Main Company Activities
- Hydraulic cylinders
- Aircraft production
- Hydraulic servo steering
- Metal heat treatment
- Surface treatment by electroplating
- Sale of chrome-plated piston rods and precision tubes
- Measurement by three-coordinate measuring devices
- Calibration of conventional lenght gauges and manometers
- Non-destructive analysis of material chemical composition – quality tests
- Cylinder washing to required cleanliness levels
- Heat treatment testing – Hardness test, Tensile test (strength limit, yield point, elongation, reduction), Impact bending test (impact value), Metallographic analysis of steel and alloy structures